Title: Add KLV Market on JustLend
Author(s): Anthias.xyz Team
Submission Date: 3 July 2023
The following is a discussion around adding a KLV market to JustLend in order to allow users to supply and borrow KLV. The Anthias team thinks this market could potentially prove valuable for JustLend and thus would like the community to consider/discuss adding this market.
According to CoinMarketCap, “Klever (KLV) is a crypto wallet ecosystem serving above 3 million users globally with Klever App, Klever Swap and Klever OS. Klever’s emerging platforms Klever Blockchain and Klever Exchange are live and power the utility token KLV. Klever Wallet is a simple, versatile and secure self-custody crypto wallet, supporting the world’s major blockchains. The wallet offers 500+ trading pairs in Klever Swap, and direct access to Binance Smart Chain, Ethereum (ETH), Kusama and TRX-based DApps in Klever Browser. Klever is a decentralized p2p and self-custody wallet network, putting the private keys in the hands of their users. KLV serves as the fuel for the entire Klever ecosystem, and ensures reduced Klever Swap fees. KLV Staking allows users to earn a passive income, with over 60% of all KLV in circulation currently frozen and staked by Klever users.” [Read more on Klever price today, KLV to USD live price, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap]
- Circulating Supply as of June 30, 2023: 9,006,375,926 KLV
- Market Capitalization as of June 30, 2023: $27,056,614
- 24 Hour Trading Volume on June 30, 2023: $983,426
Borrowing/Lending of KLV is currently not supported on other markets, so this could be a place where Tron could be first.
Because KLV is a relatively small token (market capitalization of only about $27M), our team would recommend a borrow cap of 15,886,813 KLV or about $48,000 at the current (as of June 30, 2023) price of $0.003 per KLV token. This borrow cap is calculated by finding the sum of the three largest non-deployment contract/non-protocol holders of KLV. These three wallets are the following according to BSC Scan:
0x64d5dc930c29587250420b961b8df55662818ca6 - 9,801,002.90286
0x0aeee23d16084d763e7a65577020c1f3d18804f2 - 5,493,883.826063
0x5c26597acf077bdca6f3ac11234fba249f00bf43 - 591,926.160048
- The price of KLV has been fairly unstable over the past 30 days, falling from a 30-day high of about $0.004/KLV to a 30-day low of about $0.0027/KLV, a fall of about 33% in less than 2 weeks. However, since that fall, the price action of KLV has trended primarily upwards.
- TRX has a current market capitalization of $6,744,455,074 and a 24H trading volume of $321,665,573, equating to a percentage of trading volume to market cap of 4.77%
- KLV has a percentage of trading volume to market cap of 3.63%, almost 25% less than that of TRX, which could lead to some liquidity issues if there is a large surge in borrowing demand of KLV on JustLend. This could result in cases of insolvency, which the protocol should seek to avoid.
Anthias is a tool suite for easily monitoring liquidation risk for DeFi borrowing/lending markets. The Anthias team is composed of three members of the Dartmouth Blockchain club. Our philosophy is to continually provide value to the blockchain ecosystem through shipping useful products and research. The Anthias team consists of three individuals with extensive experience in DeFi, having contributed at Yeti Finance, Primitive Finance, Temple DAO, and more. We have shipped multiple grants for Euler, Aave Grants, and Compound Grants.
The Anthias team would like to gauge sentiment and hear thoughts from the JustLend community with regards to adding this KLV market. Please share thoughts/questions in the comments of this forum post, and feel free to reach out to 0xBroze (@0xBroze on Discord or @OxBroze on Telegram) with any questions.